Community RePaint is not only dedicated to creating communities where everyone has the opportunity to brighten their spaces and their lives, but also to drive transformative change for the planet.
In the UK, 50 million litres of the 320 million litres of paint sold in the UK each year go to waste. This paint is either thrown away or stored in homes or garages despite over 50% of it still being usable.
In 2019, over 481,351 litres of reuseable paint were collected by our schemes, and over 365,988 litres of paint were redistributed to individuals and groups. The network is working harder every year to increase the number of litres of paint saved from going to waste.
What can you do?
- You can donate your leftover paint to the drop-off points across our network.
- You can also purchase affordable, reusable paint from one of our 65 schemes.
- You can start your own home project, like upcycling furniture. Click here for some inspiration.
- Buy the correct amount of paint for your project. Use our paint calculator to make a better estimation for your project.
- Share your stories to spread the word!
(Note, the majority of schemes and drop off points are temporarily closed at the moment due to COVID-19).
Earth Day Network’s mission is to diversify, educate and activate the environmental movement worldwide. Growing out of the first Earth Day in 1970, Earth Day Network is the world’s largest recruiter to the environmental movement, working with more than 75,000 partners in over 190 countries to drive positive action for our planet.