At Community RePaint, we think you can have a go at “Old Stuff Day” by having a clear-out and packing off any reuseable paint to your nearest Community RePaint donation point. Or conversely, you may want to look at your old stuff and give it a bit of a revival with a lick of paint. So look at out Do You Need Paint page to find your nearest scheme and they’ll help you find some paint to give that old stuff a new lease of life!
Some other ideas for “Old Stuff Day”
- Eat food and drinks that remind you of your youth; a particular cereal from your childhood may still taste as good now as it did then, or plan on baking an old gastronomic favourite of macaroni cheese for dinner.
- Spend the day visiting antique shops or your local historical museum, and end the day with some mature cheese and a bottle of vintage wine.
- Mental and physical activities provide you with a connection to the past and a way to spend your day. Find a cosy spot to settle with a cup of tea as you contemplate the last year in your life, and jot down your thoughts and stories in an old notepad.
- Looking though old photos will help with tackling a photo-organising project. After reflecting on the past, call or email old friends or family members and share your memories.
- Tune your radio to the oldies station or find an old film on the telly.
- If you’re a sports fan, find replays of famous games in your chosen sport.
- In the evening, have an old movie fest and have an interval snack of old-time treats, such as choc ices or make your own popcorn!